Learning to Ride
Motorcycle riding requires a unique set of skills. At Riderqual we look to support new riders throughout their training and assessment journey. We strive to provide safe and comfortable learning environments for all students, enabling each rider to develop their confidence and road craft.
Riderqual offers a variety of customised training courses to ensure that you have the necessary skills to ride safely on the road once you obtain your learner licence. Instruction is provided as a first step in motorcycling and is aimed at familiarising the rider with the techniques required to start, stop and control a motorcycle. These include:
- Basic controls
- Riding position
- Clutch control
- Starting and stopping
- Changing gear
- Braking control
- Circulating around the carpark
- Gain confidence and competence riding a motorcycle
Need some Instruction ?
Instruction is carried out in 1.5 or 2.5 hour blocks which also includes the Basic Handling Skills Test on completion of their instruction. This gives the Learner rider a chance to put their new skills to the test and see how they measure up against the NZTA required skill level to gain their Basic Handling Skills Certificate, which is a prerequisite to gaining your Learner Licence.. All instruction is carried out by our NZTA Certified Instructors. Motorcycle hire is available upon request, please contact us to find out more.
Learning to Ride Courses:
- Stage 1: Basic Handling Skills Test (CBTA 6L)
- Stage 2: Restricted licence (CBTA 6R)
- Stage 3: Full licence (CBTA 6F)
Riderqual offers an extensive number of specialist courses to assist riders in their development, or continue to enhance their road craft.
- Instruction Basic, Core & Short instruction sessions’ available.
- Pre 6R & 6F CBTA Rider Evaluation & Training to gain your Restricted (6R) & Full (6F) licenses.
- Advanced Rider Training covering a range of advanced Riding techniques ie. Counter Steering, uneven surface control, and even riding over a see-saw.
- Quad Bike Courses utilising industry best practice, the course consists of both theory and practical lessons.
- ACC ‘Ride Forever’ subsided Training
- Customized courses to suit your individual/ group traning needs.
- Motorcycle Accident Scene Training. Accident scene management, and victim support.
- First Aid Training
- Unit Standards for Motorcyclists.